“ Dear Business Partners,
We confirm that your agency licence for year 2009 has been renewed by the Agents’ Registration Board of the General Insurance Association of Singapore.
Once again, we would like to remind you that all Agents (including Nominee Agents) must comply with and observe the following:-
- The General Insurance Agents Registration and Regulations (GIARR)
- The Fit and Proper Criteria (Appendix A of GIARR)
- The Code of Practice for Agents(Appendix B of GIARR)
- The Singapore General Insurance Code of Practice
- The Continuous Professional Development (“CPD”) requirements as may be determined by the Agents’ Registration Board
Enclose herewith is GIA’s Circular dated 29th December, 2008 relating to Section 13(vi) - “Disclosure and Restriction of Other Interest” of the GIARR and which is self-explanatory for your attention. Can you kindly inform us immediately if you (including Nominee Agents) are an employee or a director or a shareholder of or a debenture holder in or have any interest in any company, firm or business enterprise engaged in transacting:-
a) general insurance business;
b) insurance broking business; or
c) loss adjusting business
as stated in Section 13(vi) of the GIARR.
Many thanks for your continued support. “